How to Enroll

You will need instructor permission to enroll in Graduate Writing Program courses, which are offered through the office of Graduate Studies.

To place an enrollment request for regular semester-long GWP courses:

  1. Contact our staff at
  2. When we receive your email, we will work with you to determine which course will best fit your needs.
  3. Our staff will obtain permission from the instructor.
  4. We will send you an information sheet to complete.
  5. Once we've received this completed form, we will provide you with the permission number needed to enroll.

Please feel free to contact Christine Jensen Sundstrom, program coordinator of the Graduate Writing Program, at to obtain additional information about the content of Graduate Writing Program courses. We look forward to working with you.


One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times
KU Today